Kindertagesstätten Nordwest
Kindertagesstätten Nordwest Eigenbetrieb von Berlin

Application procedure

How do I obtain a daycare entitlement voucher (Kita-Gutschein)?

You must apply for the daycare voucher (Kita-Gutschein) in writing at the Youth Office (Jugendamt) of the district where you are resident, even if you wish your child to attend a daycare facility in another district (for example, where you work).

The extent of your entitlement to daycare and coverage of the costs will be determined on the basis of your income and working hours.

You can find the relevant application forms and related guidance and information here.

When do I need to apply for the Kita-Gutschein?

You must apply to the Youth Office (Jugendamt) responsible for the district where you are resident – between six and two months before you wish daycare to begin. Later applications are only possible in exceptional circumstances.

As soon as you have received your Kita-Gutschein you may sign a contract with the Kita of your choice. The voucher displays the date from which your child can start attending daycare. You must sign a contract for daycare by this date at the latest.

Naturally, you may get in contact with your chosen daycare centre and arrange a visit in advance of the permissible application period. You may also ask for a place to be reserved for your child.

What documents are needed for your application?

In order to process your application for child daycare support ("Anmeldung zur Förderung von Kindern in Tageseinrichtungen und Kindertagespflege") the Youth Office (Jugendamt) responsible for your district requires the following documents:

Application forms, guidance and information (in German)